Last updated September 9th, 2015
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you participate in a contest and promotion, request customer support, send us an email or otherwise interact with us. The types of information we may collect about you include your name, social networking screen names or IDs, email address and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically Through Our Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of our Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address.
- Device Information: We collect information about the device you use to access our Services, including information about the device’s software and hardware, Media Access Control (“MAC”) address and other unique device identifiers, device token, mobile network information and time zone
- Consumption information: We collect information about your consumption habits relating to your use of our Services, including which purchases you make with both virtual and real currencies.
- Technical functionality: to enable us to record your preferences for Site visits and functions.
- Traffic measurement: to identify the number of visitors at the Site and record evidence thereof according to common industry standards.
- Statistics: to be able to measure and provide relevant statistics
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our current Services;
- Develop new Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request and send you related information;
- Facilitate communications between players;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service and support;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions and events offered by GivingTales and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Personalize and improve our Services and provide tailored advertisements, content or features;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
GivingTales takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Your Choices
You may request information on which data we process about you, the purpose of the processing and any available information on the origin of the data. You may request that we update, correct or delete information about you at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period.
Most device browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your device browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of certain features of our Services.
With your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device to provide game-related information, service updates, promotional communications and other related messages. You can deactivate these notifications by changing your notification settings on your device.
Storage of Information
GivingTales will store your information for as long as necessary in order to provide you with our Services.